Friday, September 29, 2017

Trip to Vermont

In planning my trip, I am using the fall foliage forecaster (which shows an animation of the changing colors), brochures from the state tourism bureau, and Appalachian Trail maps.

Link to the forecaster

What I like about Vermont is that it is a mountainous and narrow state which allows a lot of flexibility in "chasing the colors."  I can travel north or south to get different mixes of color, and I can ascend or descend in altitude to do the same.  Anyway-- that's what I am hoping for.

Here is one super-helpful brochure I got, which shows the most scenic and interesting highways and byways to explore in the process.


I also bought some maps of the Appalachian Trail where it crosses through Vermont, and I mapped out all the points where there is highway access, so I hope to do some hiking on the AT and get some photos there as well.  Here is an example:


More to follow once I get to Vermont.  Watch for updates.

-Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment