Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Review of REI Revelcloud Jacket - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

The REI Revelcloud jacket stuffs easily into your pack and provides lightweight warmth during cold, dry days on the trail, or layer it underneath a shell on rainy days for ultimate protection.


I'm a believer

By Mike Shaw Today from Richmond, VA on 1/14/2012

 

5out of 5

Fit: Feels true to size

Sleeve Length: Feels true to length

Chest Size: Feels true to size

Pros: Lightweight, Breathable, Warm

Best Uses: Hiking and Camping, Cold Weather, Casual Wear

Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational

Was this a gift?: Yes

Yeah, it was a Christmas gift which I picked out. I thought only goose down kept you warm. I've worn this on three January hikes now, and I'm impressed. Didn't just keep me warm, but kept me comfortable. In other words, as I my body got warmer from hiking, it was like magic. I'm guessing breathability. No change in comfort level from perfect. I wore this under my
REI Event waterproof jacket and it was amazing. Temps here in Richmond, VA area not extremely cold - and between 30's to 60's F. Yet very comfortable. Wore it every day to and from work for last two weeks, with morning temps in 30's to 40's and again- super comfortable. Underneath- a normal shirt, and under that a t-shirt. So I'm actually looking forward to cold weather for the first time in my life so I can further test this thing, and I'm now into Winter hiking- a huge transition in my life. Primaloft? I'm a believer. - Mike Shaw

Video Camera Attached to Staff. REI Layers !

Tags: REI Revel Cloud Jacket, REI Sahara Tech Shirt, Using Product, REI, Hiking, Primaloft, Backpacking, REI Event jacket, Camping

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment