I hope you like these articles! Please comment below.
...the things you really appreciate aren't the complicated things. They're the simple things that work just the way you expect them to.
|Click here to see prices on Adorama.com|
|UV Filter is protects the lens from raindrops.|
|Protect your lens from salt air and very fine sand.|
LENS CLEANING TIPS:
Use these techniques to properly clean your filters:
• buy a high quality lens brush
• never touch the fine bristles with your fingers to avoid getting oil on the brush
• Buy an air-blowing aspirator with a plastic or rubber tip, so you don't accidentally scratch your lens
• Start by air blowing off the dust
• Next breath on the lens to fog it up, and then use the brush to wipe off the moisture and the dust
• Don't rub the lens with anything
• Don't use tissues, microfiber, or eyeglasses cloths on the lens
• For stubborn pieces of dust (which you should never have if you use a UV filter) you can gently use a piece of crumpled lens tissue (especially made for cleaning high grade optics) which you've dampened with a spritz of lens cleaner
• Let air dry. You’ll know the lens or filter is clean when you can breath on it and the moisture shows no dust.
|Remove any filters when doing astrophotography.|
|The sky is enriched to deep blue with the polarizing filter.|
|Polarizing filter eliminated the reflections|
in the car windows and on the fenders.
|The polarizing filter made a huge improvement in this scene.|
|Long exposure using ND filter.|
|ESSENTIALS: UV protector, Polarizer, and ND Filter.|
|ND Grad filter will darken the sky and|
allow proper exposure of the foreground.
|A set of three color Grad filters.|
|A stack of boxed filters takes up half your camera bag.|
|Two sizes of filters. Caps on top and bottom protect the filter stacks.|
|Filter ring remover.|
|Solar filter in place.|
|This adapter is needed for the flat style slide-in filters.|
|Was this shot worth over $200? (the cost of the filter and holder)|
|Click the picture to see prices.|
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
The long road to becoming a good photographer began with laying these big "cocktail table" books out on my bedroom floor and taking notes with the hope of learning their secrets -- the magic formula for a great photograph. What I learned was that a great photograph...
Henri Cartier-Bresson - used a simple 35mm Leica
rangefinder to capture edgy, journalistic images.
Look for the way he waited for the right moment
to take the photo.
What I like about the Craftsy platform is that you can ask questions of the instructors, and they will give you personal answers and critiques of your photos (which they encourage you to upload to the site).
(By the way - if you would like a great FREE primer on flower photography? Anne McKinnell has a blog post you will really learn from. https://digital-photography-school.com/8-ways-create-more-dramatic-flower-photos/)
|A covered bridge captures the character of Vermont.|
|In Vermont, diners and Mom & Pop places rule.|
|A telephoto compresses the image|
and allows selective focus.